What is the Fujifilm GFX 50R?
The GFX 50R is the latest addition to Fujifilm’s GFX family, its range of medium format cameras for professional landscape, wildlife, portrait and documentary photographers.
What’s ‘medium format’? While we’ve heard a lot about ‘full-frame’ cameras from the likes of Nikon, Canon and Panasonic, recently, medium format cameras have even bigger sensors than full-frame. This has led Fujifilm to slightly cheekily call its GFX cameras ‘super full frame’.
The 51.4-megapixel GFX 50R’s big selling point is that it’s small for a medium format camera and adopts a ‘rangefinder’ style (hence the ‘R’ in its name). It’s not as compact as Fujifilm’s X Series cameras, which use a smaller APS-C sensor, but it is significantly thinner and lighter than its older brother, the Fujifilm GFX 50S.
Fujifilm finally announced the long rumoured Fuji gfx 50R camera, the Core specification of the camera almost remains same however the newly announced camera features Ultra compact body and its look like a bigger brother of the Fuji X-E3 camera.
One of the best thing about the recent announced Fuji GFX50R camera is its price, the price of this camera is approx $2000 less than Fuji gfx 50s. You can say it’s affordable version of the existing medium format camera.
Just take a look at the major core specification of the camera
- 51.4MP medium format CMOS sensor (43.8 × 32.9mm) with Bayer filter array
- 3.69M-dot OLED EVF
- 3.2″ 2.36M-dot touch LCD tilts up/down
- AF-point-selection joystick
- 1/125 sec flash sync speed
- 3 fps continuous shooting
- 1080/30p video capture
- In-camera Raw processing
- Dual SD card slots (UHS-II)
- USB C socket
- Wi-Fi with Bluetooth
FUJIFILM GFX 50R Key Features:
- 4MP Medium Format 43.8 x 32.9mm sensor for superior sharpness and image quality for all photographers
- FUJIFILM G Mount with short flange back distance of just 26.7mm
- X-Processor Pro imaging processor
- Weather- and dust- resistant; operation to as low as 14 degrees Fahrenheit \ -10 degrees Celsius
- File formats include three different JPEG settings (SUPER FINE, FINE, NORMAL), as well as two different RAW settings (uncompressed, compressed). TIFF output is also possible with in-camera RAW development
- Full HD for Movie Mode: 1920×1080 29.97p/25p/24p/23.98p 36Mbps, in Film Simulation modes
- Lightweight body weighs approximately 27.3oz. / 775g
- LCD Monitor
- 2 inch, aspect ratio 4:3, approx. 2,360K-dots; tilt-type (two direction), touch screen color LCD monitor (approx. 100% coverage)
- Uses SD Cards (UHS-II recommended)
- Equipped with dual slots
- Uses NP-T125 high capacity battery for approximately 400 photos (with Auto Power Save ON)
- All FUJINON GF Lenses are dust- and weather-resistant, built to withstand operation at temperatures as low as 14 degrees Fahrenheit \ -10 degrees Celsius allowing photographers to take them outdoors with confidence in challenging weather conditions.
- Bluetooth® Ver. 4.0 low energy technology
- Accessories included:
- Li-ion battery NP-T125
- Battery charger BC-T125
- Plug adapter
- Body cap
- Strap clip
- Protective cover
- Clip attaching tool
- Shoulder strap
- Cable protector
- Hot shoe cover
- Sync terminal cover
- Owner’s manual